Monday, April 20, 2009

still here

I'm still alive. Sorry for my absence of late, just been up to my eyes with packing and getting ready to move.

I suspect I'll remain quiet for the next few weeks whilst we get settled in our new place.

Since my husband is working more than full time hours right now, the responsibility of all the packing and moving preparations have fallen squarely on my shoulders. Not that I mind, I'm a bit of a control freak about this stuff anyway. But I gotta tell you about this mathematical equation that I've recently discovered:

PACKING + CLEANING + LOOKING AFTER WEE BABY = YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING IF YOU THINK YOU'RE GETTING ANYTHING DONE FAST

It's been reeeeeaaaaallly slow going around here. But nonetheless, things are happening, I am turning this mutha out albeit at molasses-like pace. The BC SPCA donation van came round to my front door today and hauled off a cubic buttload of crap, so that's something. Our furniture was all sold on Craigslist (I'm sitting on the floor as I type this, we couldn't bring any of our old furniture because it just wouldn't fit in the new place...). Mostly everything is in boxes, but the place is still a mess (how is that even possible?). We're getting there. Painfully slowly, but yeah, we're getting there.

Anyway, just wanted to let you all know that I'm still here. And even though I haven't been updating, I most certainly AM reading all of you guys (thank goodness for the iPhone, I can read blogs while standing in line at the grocery store) but just not commenting much.

Still here, just busy busy.

1 comment:

AwkwardMoments said...

WOW, thats a huge undertaking. Hang in there