Thursday, December 4, 2008

they grow up so fast

Maya is asleep right now, sound asleep, in her crib.

For the first time ever.

She is fine but I am losing my shit. I miss her terribly and she's only in the next room!

I realized that since she was born - three and a half months ago - that we have never been separated. Never ever. Not even by one room's distance (except for maybe 5 to 10 minutes at a time). Partly because she won't take a bottle so I can't leave her with anyone for any real amount of time. And partly because we're joined at the hip and I seem to be addicted to my daughter. I can't help it, I love her so.

So yeah, we've got the baby monitor going and D and I are sitting downstairs trying to watch TV and keep ourselves busy on our respective laptops but truth be told, we're both eyeing the baby monitor intently for any slight movement or sound.

I know what you're thinking - you must let her grow up, she needs some separation from her mummy for her own sake. I know, I know, you're right. It's time. And I'm sure I'll get used to it. But in the meantime, I feel kinda sick. And antsy.

This is hard. Like really hard. Does it get easier? Tell me it gets easier!

4 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

You are brave .. I need to put my lil one in his crib in his room at night ... i haven't done that yet ... BIG kudos to you

Mazzy said...

This post made me grin from ear to ear! You have made such an amazing mother and that little baby girl is so blessed. You will get through this.. I know it... but I also think it's ok to sneak in there and just look at her for an hour or so. ;)
*hugs*

RBandRC said...

It does get easier. I promise! :)

Hilary said...

happy late b-day missy!! You know what she's your baby..and only a baby once..my hubby always teased me about putting the baby down..hehe Have a great weekend :)