Saturday, November 1, 2008

in touch with the world again

My wonderful darling fabulous husband bought me a new computer. I had a desktop computer before and now I have a shiny new lovely laptop. Which means....I can post a lot more often than I have been since Maya was born AND keep better tabs on all my bloggy friends. Having the mobility of a laptop makes it a lot easier to do computery things with a baby. RIght now, for example, she is asleep next to me while I am clickity-clacking on my new computer on the bed. Hooray for my new computer!

Other news: At our last doctor's appointment (the one with the dreaded vaccines), Dr. M took a swab of Maya's blocked tear duct because it was a tad bit red and irritated looking. She called me yesterday to tell me that the results were in and the eye seems to have a very scant infection. So, she prescribed some eye ointment for us to use three times a day for a few days.

Have you ever tried to put ointment into a baby's eyes? Well let me tell you, it's not easy. The good news is that it seems to be working already. Her eye looks waaaaaay better than it did yesterday. Thank goodness.

Gosh it feels great to be able to post whenever I want now. And to check emails. And surf the web. I don't think we ever need to leave my bedroom again!

Observe: Maya's awake now and we are enjoying our new toy on the bed (this cool new computer has a camera built into the screen). Photo taken with Photo Booth.

5 comments:

AwkwardMoments said...

congrats .. I am begging for a laptop.

So glad your baby's eye is getting better

christina(apronstrings) said...

yeah laptop!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the laptop! YAY for more posts!!

Kristen said...

Woohoo for new computers! Especially ones that can take photo ops!

I'm glad Maya's eye is on the mend. Nate had a clogged duct for over a month and the only thing that worked for us was squirting breastmilk in his eye. I know it sounds cruel but my overactive letdown actually helped things!

Hilary said...

Yeah!! Hil you look great and little missy you are too cute!!
Take care.
Hilary